Do you have left over fabric scraps or towels that are looking a bit scrappy? Then you need to make these easy little make up removal pads!
I'm trying to minimise my single use objects like water bottles, take away cutlery, tea and coffee cups. But I realised that my beauty regime relies heavily on single use objects. Especially things like cotton pads and cotton balls. There is no reason I should be using something disposable to apply my toner to my face, or to remove the Pond's Cold Creme Cleanser, or to lay my earrings on as I spray them. Sure, I can understand the need for sterile single use products when tending to a cut, but just for my toner.... not so much.
I had some left over fabric scraps as well as an unmatched and very old hand towel. Both are simple cotton and work a treat for these little make up pads. I also used thread from my stash so this was basically a free project!
How to make your own make up remover pads
1. Gather supplies. You will need
2. Trace around the large cup/mug with the chalk on both the cotton fabric and the towel. Make sure you wash the cup before using it again.
3. Cut out all the little cute circles. It doesn't need to be neat, nor exact. Honestly, I just hacked mine.
4. Placing right sides together, stitch around the edge and back tack. I did it as close to the edge as possible. Trim the seam allowance to about 5mm - it makes the next step easier.
5. Turn the little make up pad inside out and tuck in the the remaining bits. I didn't even pin it. A little finger pressing will be fine, or use a bulldog clip.
6. Zipzag around the edge, making sure to catch the little tucked-in piece. DONE!
Enjoy! Mine are stored in a glass jar next to my bobby pins. It's such a great stash buster they are so useful.
I have already used mine for removing my creme cleanser, to apply toner, and clean my earrings. They are excellent! I made about 20 and have enough of a stash to make more if needed.
Let me know if you make them and what you think!
No messin' around, I have oily skin. Always have. I suspect I always will. I can be sitting in the office all day in a beautifully calm, temperature controlled environment and still end the day dripping with shine. If I dance for 8 hours a day, dripping with shine. Doesn't matter what I do, dripping with shine.
I have tried all manner of anti-oil products, oil products, charcoal products, acidic products, basic products, whatever! And nothing seems to work.
Hopefully Pond's Cold Cream will be the missing piece of the puzzle for me. I have only used it once as a makeup remover, and might I say - excellent! Great for my sensitive skin, smells like vintage loveliness, scrubbed off all my make up and felt delicious afterwards.
Woke up the following morning with a lovely moisturised and refreshed face! Not slimy and oily like I usually get in the morning. I am very impressed.
Hopefully, Pond's Cold Cream will continue to serve me well.
I purchased this myself and the opinions are my own.
Knitter. Home seamstress. Dance Teacher.