2017. What a year.
It's been a stressful year with changes at work. Glad the the year is ending! Work aside, I did get a bit of creative time in. I was the Choreographer for The Producers at Strathfield. It was a great show and there were three full tap numbers. That's always fantastic! Also started the choreography for Rock of Ages down in south-western Sydney in September-ish. It's been nice to stay creative in my dance realm.
Lots of clothing was sewn and knitted (or 'knat' as my Lovely uses as the past tense). This year I kept a small diary of my completed makes and the finish date. I must say, it has been pretty useful. Most months I made two items. The three most productive months were March - 6 makes; July - 5 makes; October - 4 makes.
Let's have a look at the completed projects! If there is no link, then there was no blog post. Only a few items don't have pictures - they were a gift or perhaps too badly fitting to ever make it to photos stage.
1. Simplicity 3688 - tried and true skirt! Though, I should size up from now on.
2. Simplicity 1609 - never worn
3. Mustard waffles (here) (gift)
4. Wine waffles (gift)
5. Wine Tilly & The Buttons Coco (here)
6. Apricot Ferns (here) (gift)
7. Gertie's Knit Pencil Skirt (donated to charity)
8. Black Beatnik Tilly & The Buttons Coco (here as well)
9. Black long sleeve Jennifer Lauren Handmade Gable Top (informally part of this post)
10. Green Sew Over It Cowl Dress
11. Blackberry Waffles Cowl (gift)
12. Tartan Sew Over It Pencil Skirt
13. Black Simplicity 1609 with neckline bow
May: (Me Made May pledge was to wear something me-made everyday. Achieved!)
14. Blueberry waffles II (gift)
15. Stripe Sew Over It Cowl Neck Top
16. Mustard Waffles II
17. Sangria Blankie (gift)
18. Jan Sweater II (here)
19. Black Corduroy Simplicity 3688 (also here Jan)
20. Poppy Butterick 6285 (here)
21. Grey Wool Simplicity 3688 (here)
22. Pink pillbox hat
23. Purple 3/4 sleeve Jennifer Lauren Handmade Gable Top
24. Green 1930s Beret (here)
25. Purple Simplicity 1906 (here)
26. Red New Look 6000
October: The Month of Green
27. Green New Look 6000 (here)
28. Green Butterick 5032
29. Green Vogue 8789 ( here)
30. Green Polka Dot Necktie
November: Slowing Down Now
31. Green Vogue 8066 pleated skirt (here)
32. Matching green Necktie
December: I'm knitting Christmas Presents Instead of Sewing
33. Saucer Hat DIY (here)
34. Secret Santa Bowtie Gift (sadly, no pictures) (gift)
35: Black floral Vogue 9075 jumpsuit (photos in the New Year)
36: Lots and lots of little handmade face washers (gifts)
2017 has been good on the kitting and little-crafty-things front. I've enjoyed making small knitted/sewn gifts for children of friends, birthday presents or Christmas presents. Slowly, I am moving towards having a mostly vintage wardrobe.
Vogue patterns have been a dream for me this year, whether current or vintage. They fit my torso shape nicely straight out of the packet. I should probably tinker with the bodice a little bit, but it's fine. The Vogue 9075 jumpsuit needed and epic 4" of added crotch length! Now it is a very comfortable and sit-down-able jumpsuit that I really enjoy wearing.
My knitting game needs to be picked up next year. I have a lot of projects on my needles that should be cast off.... hopefully. I don't do New Years Resolutions, but I do want to try my hand at colourwork. Maybe a vest, or a beret.
I have a lot of summer sewing plans in a list and I hope to work through them and replenish my pretty summer dresses.
Thanks for sticking around this year. It's been fun!
Knitter. Home seamstress. Dance Teacher.